Take Action: Advocate Now
The National Council's public policy initiatives combine the work of our own policy experts and analysts with organized grassroots and "grasstops" response that translates providers' power into effective advocacy.
The National Council
- Monitors and responds to the latest federal policy developments to ensure fair consideration of behavioral healthcare providers' perspectives and needs.
- Champions federal legislation that helps providers more effectively serve local communities.
- Collaborates with other national mental health and addictions associations to advocate on issues of common interest.
- Mobilizes grassroots and grasstops action through Action Alerts, an annual Hill Day, and strategic collaborations with legislators and federal agencies.
- Supports state-level advocacy by working closely with provider associations in every state and sharing legislative precedents, data, and relevant research.
- Informs and strengthens advocacy through newsletters, and timely policy resources such as issue briefs and fact sheets.
Click here to visit our Policy Action Center, where you can find our latest Action Alerts, House and Senate floor schedules, committee membership, and much more!