Membership: Become a Member
Being a National Council member puts you in excellent company and signals your interest in being counted among the most involved and forward-thinking behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Our members are leaders in their communities and within the broad healthcare community.
If you seek to heighten your organization’s presence, expand its influence, improve its operations, and reach out in new and innovative ways, membership in the National Council is a must. We invite your membership and welcome your participation.
Membership in the National Council gives all staff and board members of your organization access to a comprehensive array of member benefits.
Provider and Association Membership
To discuss how your organization can join the National Council, contact Kara Sweeney, Vice President of Membership and Corporate Relations or call 202.684.3723.
The National Council encourages membership from:
- Organizations that deliver services for mental health and addiction disorders to adults, children, and families — including but not limited to — behavioral health organizations, community mental health centers, community health centers, consumer run programs, residential providers, child welfare agencies, club houses, and rehabilitation programs.
- Hospitals that provide mental health and/or addiction disorder treatment.
- State and county behavioral health departments and regional boards.
- Managed care organizations that allocate resources, oversee services, and/or directly provide services.
- State and local associations of human service, mental health, and addiction service organizations.
The membership year runs from October 1 to September 30 and membership applications are accepted throughout the year. Annual membership dues through September 30, 2013 are $3,250 for organizations and $4,165 for associations.
- Review our membership benefits and download a Membership Benefits Brochure.
- Want to learn more about National Council membership and how you can join? Complete our Membership Interest Form and a National Council staff person will be in touch soon.
- Ready to join? Complete our online Membership Application or download a PDF Membership Application you can fax or mail to us with your payment.
The National Council offers Affiliate Membership to qualified entities — vendors, consultants, and other colleague organizations that serve the behavioral healthcare industry and have a strong commitment to the National Council and our mission.
Affiliate Members have an unprecedented opportunity to interact with and engage National Council members — the largest and most renowned behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Partnering with the National Council and our members, you can be an intrinsic part of our public policy action.
Membership also opens up a dynamic marketplace where you will have ample opportunity to tap, cultivate, and expand new sources of business. As an “insider,” you will gain valuable knowledge and insight into emerging business opportunities that may be ripe for exploration or problem areas in need of unique solutions.
Benefits unique to Affiliate Members include:
- Priority announcements regarding conference exhibit booths, advertisements, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Special notice and recognition for National Council Affiliate Members in the Exhibit Hall during the National Council Annual Conference.
- Use of the National Council’s “Good Housekeeping” Affiliate Member Seal on your marketing and promotional materials.
- Listing on the National Council’s Affiliate Member web page, featuring your logo, a description of your services, and a direct link to your web site.
- Access to the National Council leadership to discuss issues of highest priority to you.
- Opportunity to participate in and perhaps to sponsor one of our National Council International Exchange visits.
- Meetings, visits, and other events to help you cultivate constructive relationships with members of Congress in Washington, DC, or in your home district, on issues relevant to you and the industry.
The membership year runs from October 1 to September 30 and membership applications are accepted throughout the year. Annual Affiliate Member dues through September 30, 2013 are $5,500.