Training & Development: Executive Leadership Program
With 2013 being the final year to prepare for full implementation of the Affordable Care Act, we need innovative leaders with policy acumen who can excel in a dynamic healthcare environment, broker new relationships, and build an empowered workforce that embraces change. The National Council is responding to the need with our new Executive Leadership Program.
Designed for CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Medical Directors and other C-suite executives, the Executive Leadership Program offers intensive coaching, training, performance improvement, and networking opportunities with thought leaders and peers to prepare participants to survive and thrive as healthcare continues to be transformed. The program builds on the National Council’s track record of preparing organizational leaders to excel as managers, collaborators, community problem solvers, and futurists.
Executive Leadership Program participants get exclusive face time with National Council President and CEO Linda Rosenberg, senior policy and practice improvement staff, David Lloyd from MTM Services, and Anne Collier from Arudia. They will explore how the national payment and delivery system reform landscape is changing with Medicaid and Medicare expansion, parity implementation, insurance exchanges, essential health benefits, dual eligibles, and the proliferation of health homes and accountable care organizations. Participants learn about best practices and tools for the performance improvement and workforce development required to navigate this changing landscape. Plus, they enhance core leadership skills through proven strategies.
The Executive Leadership Program will strengthen our field’s leaders by preparing them to thrive as our healthcare system continues to transform. The inaugural class includes:
- Mark Cundiff Johnson, Medical Director, BJC Behavioral Health (MO)
- Bren Manaugh, VP, Adult Behavioral Health Services, Center for Health Care Services (TX)
- Michael Quinn, CEO, Chestnut Ridge Counseling Services, Inc. (PA)
- Andrew Jay Kind-Rubin, Chief Clinical Officer, Child Guidance Resource Centers (PA)
- Robert Bremer, Executive Director, Access Behavioral Care, Colorado Access (CO)
- Heather Gates, President and CEO, Community Health Resources, Inc. (CT)
- Suzanne Rabideau, CEO, Crisis Response Network of Southern Arizona, Inc. (AZ)
- Heidi Thomas, CFO/COO, Dickinson Center, Inc. (PA)
- Cheryl Marks Young, CFO, Easter Seals New Jersey (NJ)
- Kelly Shanklin, Executive Director, Fairbanks Community Behavioral Health Center (AK)
- Roelof Kleppe, Medical Director, GGzE (The Netherlands)
- Stella Pappas, Executive CP/COO, Institute for Community Living, Inc. (NY)
- Bryan Cohen, VP for Behavioral Health Services, Intercommunity Action, Inc. (PA)
- Tyler Booth, COO & Clinical Director, InterCommunity, Inc. (CT)
- Vicki Rodgers, CP of Clinical Systems Administration, Jefferson Center for Mental Health (CO)
- Amanda Bunger, Director, Klamath Behavioral Health and Wellness (OR)
- Rick Hankey, Sr. VP/Chief Hospital Officer, LifeStream Behavioral Center, Inc. (FL)
- Toni Johnson, Vice Chair of Education and Community Development, Department of Psychiatry, MetroHealth System (OH)
- Jeffrey Brown, Executive Director, Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority (MI)
- Linda Grgurich, President and CEO, Pathways CBH, Inc./Family Counseling Center of MO, Inc.
- Valerie Westhead, Chief Medical Officer, Seminole Behavioral Healthcare (FL)
- Mary Perdue, COO, Southern Arizona Mental Health Corporation
- Jennifer Ekeler, Director of Finance & HR, St. Monica's Behavioral Health Services (NE)
- Charmaine Nalty, CEO, Therapeutic Living for Families (MD)
- Mark Ishaug, CEO, Thresholds (IL)
- Ronald Grais, Director, Executive Committee, Housing Chair, Thresholds (IL)
- Connie Svaleng, CFO, Verde Valley Guidance Clinic, Inc. (AZ)
- Jennifer Hibbard, COO, View Point Health (GA)
- Stephen Kliewer, Executive Director, Wallowa Valley Center for Wellness (OR)
Read more about the program, structure, and staff. If you are interested in submitting an applicaiton for the program, download a copy of the Executive Leadership Program application, and please read our Request for Applications information.
If you have any questions, contact Mohini Venkatesh, Senior Director of Public Policy at 202.684.3730 or MohiniV@thenationalcouncil.org.