Resources for National Council Ambassadors
On this page, National Council Ambassadors can find all the policy resources you need to learn about the issues and prepare for your meetings with Members of Congress.
Resources for your In-DISTRICT ADVOCACY appointments
- Download our template meeting request letter.
- See additional ideas for in-district advocacy during the upcoming congressional recess.
- Draft thank you letters to legislators. Use this after they come to visit or hold a meeting with you.
- Learn more about our latest Call to Action on the Unite4BH webpage.
- Don’t forget to send us your feedback on how the meeting went!
Ambassadors Brief e-Newsletter
- Click here to learn more and read the latest issue
talking points and fact sheets on our Legislative Priorities
Expand Excellence in Mental Health Act
- Visit our Excellence Act website
- Read and print our fact sheet on the expansion bill
- Get the latest news and updates on efforts to expand the Excellence Act from Capitol Connector
Mental Health First Aid Act
- Visit the Mental Health First Aid website
- Read and print this 1-pager for congressional staff
- Get the latest news and updates on Mental Health First Aid from Capitol Connector
Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act
- CARA was signed into law on July 22, 2016. That week, National Council President and CEO Linda Rosenberg shared her thoughts and reaction in the Huffington Post. Read her article here.
Behavioral Health Information Technology Act
- Visit our Behavioral Health IT website
- Get the latest news and updates on behavioral health IT from Capitol Connector
Federal Appropriations for Substance Use and Mental Health
- Visit our Federal Budget website
- Get the latest news and updates on federal appropriations from Capitol Connector