On Tuesday, May 24, first responders to mental health crises who are trained in Mental
are telling lawmakers how Mental Health First Aid saved their lives or those of others.
- Tousha Paxton-Barnes, U.S. Army veteran, 82nd Airborne Division, Amarillo, TX: Read Tousha’s remarks here.
- Alyssa Fruchtenicht, School-Based Mental Health Coordinator, UnityPoint Health, Waterloo, IA: Read Alyssa’s remarks here.
- Michael Allora, Deputy Chief, Clifton Fire Department, Clifton, NJ: Read Michael’s remarks here.
- Virgil Meyer, Lieutenant, Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Muncy, PA: Read Virgil’s remarks here.
Special thanks to our hosts and Mental Health First Aid Act (S. 711/H.R. 1877) sponsors:
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)
- Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA)
- Rep. Grace Napolitano (D-CA)
Learn more about Mental Health First Aid USA: