Medication is probably the most common treatment offered by your organization, but in general only about 50% of your patients are taking their medication as prescribed. Want to enhance your organization’s systems to improve medication adherence?
The National Council for Behavioral Health has a learning opportunity designed to strengthen organizational capacity and skills to improve adherence in the communities you serve. This innovative community will deep dive into common barriers to medication adherence, implementing best practices and evidence-based solutions in a supportive peer network.
To learn more, review the Request for Applications.
Applications must be submitted online by Friday, March 27, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
This 12-month learning community is for administrators, prescribers and clinicians. Organizations will identify a core project team to participate throughout the community.
Participating organizations will gain access to leading experts in the field through a range of training and technical assistance offerings, including access to:
- Educational webinars
- Evidence-based resources and tools, including medication adherence toolkit and organizational self-assessment
- Roundtable discussions
- One-on-one coaching calls offering personalized training and support
Throughout the year-long learning community, selected organizations will work with each other and national experts to:
- Understand the roles of assessment, treatment planning and medication monitoring in promoting adherence and improved health outcomes
- Gain skills and knowledge related to effective engagement of patients and their support systems
- Develop and implement new or revised workflows that incorporate key steps and strategies to monitor and track medication adherence
Programs that meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must be licensed as a community behavioral health provider.
- Must be a current provider of mental health and/or substance use disorder services.
- Must be a National Council for Behavioral Health member organization.
- Notification of Selection Status: Friday, April 3, 2020
- Virtual orientation for selected participants: Thursday, April 9, 2-3 p.m. ET (subject to change)
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to find out about learning community eligibility, activities, benefits, and more! Have a question that’s not answered in the FAQs? Contact Alexandra Meade, project manager, at AlexandraM@thenationalcouncil.org.