Recovery Month is more than just an observance. It’s an opportunity to deepen your awareness and understanding of recovery and to celebrate the incredible gains made by so many.
This year’s theme is “Recovery is For Everyone: Every Person, Every Family, Every Community,” which reminds us that no one is alone on their journey through recovery. We are all in this together.
To help you celebrate this important month – and bring awareness to all-things recovery – we’ve compiled a variety of tools, resources and learning opportunities. Take advantage today!
Recovery Month Resources
- Learn more about Recovery Month 2021 and this year’s theme
- Download and share Recovery Month resources from Faces & Voices of Recovery
- Submit your recovery-related event or register for one today
- Learn more about the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Download our Recovery Month graphics highlighting recovery-related data points
- We created sample social media messaging you can use on your channels
- Revisit our 2020 Recovery Month Luncheon, featuring voices of recovery
- Join an National Council Interest Group to advance recovery in select populations
- Learn about how Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs) increase access to medication-assisted treatment, and why expanding the model will help millions of Americans in recovery
- Discover how you can #BeTheDifference with Mental Health First Aid
- Explore our trauma-informed care trainings and SBIRT consulting opportunities
The National Council advocates for legislation to help support and promote recovery from a substance use challenge. Click below to learn more about some key legislation and to lend your voice in support.
- Guidance on Handling the Increasing Prevalence of Drugs Adulterated or Laced with Fentanyl
- Fostering Resilience and Recovery: A Change Package
- Screening, Brief Intervention & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
- Implementing Care for Alcohol & Other Drug Use in Medical Settings An Extension of SBIRT
- Helping Recovery Residences Adapt to Support People with Medication-assisted Recovery
- National Council Conversations: Episode 2 – “Implementing the Vision for 9-8-8”
- Medication-assisted Treatment Myths vs. Facts
- Building Recovery: State Policy Guide for Supporting Recovery Housing
- How to Support a Family Member in Recovery: A Q&A On How to Help
- Tips for Talking with a Loved One About Their Substance Use
- Watch our PSA video on opioid use
- Blog Post: You Can Support Someone’s Journey to Recovery
- Blog Post: The Importance of Early Intervention for People Facing Mental Health Challenges
- Blog Post: Signs of Heroin Use – A Guide for Loved Ones
- Blog Post: From Heartbreak to Hope – A Family’s Journey through Opioid Addiction
- Blog Post: Is Addiction a Choice?
- Blog Post: Living With My Brother’s Addiction