Addiction to drugs and alcohol affect millions of people and their families every year. Yet, they often go undiagnosed by healthcare professionals. This results in an estimated annual combined healthcare cost, lost productivity, and crime of $365 billion.
Released for Recovery Month 2015, the National Council Magazine examines trends, personal stories and viewpoints across the spectrum of addiction prevention, treatment and recovery.
Feel free to share our infographics that show appropriate person first language and addictions’ connection to both body and brain.
National Council Addictions Information and Resources
To stay abreast of the latest news, subscribe to Focus on Addiction.
- Substance Misuse, Use, and Addiction Prevention
- Substance Use and Housing National Leadership Forum Convening Report
- Innovations in Treatment: Addiction Providers Working with Integrated Primary Care Services
- Addictions and the Person-Centered Health Home
- Creating Partnerships between Behavioral Health Providers and Child Welfare
- Preventing and Treating Substance Use Disorders: A Comprehensive Approach
- Residential Treatment for Individuals With Substance Use Disorders: Assessing the Evidence
- Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Programs: Assessing the Evidence