National Council Members are healthcare organizations and healthcare management entities providing treatment and support in the community to more than 10 million adults, children and families living with mental illnesses and addictions. Click on a state below to see a list of members there.
National Council member organizations deliver billions of dollars every year in services — financed by federal, state, and local grants and contracts; Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial insurance; self-payers; and individual and corporate charitable contributions. Members are critical economic engines within their communities. Together, National Council member organizations employ approximately 500,000 staff, including administrators, clinical professionals, para-professionals, peer counselors, and support staff.
National Council member organizations provide a range of mental health and addiction treatment services:
- Psychiatric crisis services, inpatient hospitalization, outpatient medication and psychotherapy, case management and assertive community treatment, and treatment for trauma and post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Programs for the prevention of addictions, violence, and suicide; community education; early intervention; and jail diversion and prison re-entry initiatives.
- Addiction treatment programs, including detoxification, residential, and intensive outpatient care.
- Rehabilitation and educational interventions, including supported work and housing, illness self-management, and family psychoeducation.
- Specialized community mental health services for children, including therapeutic foster care, multi-systemic therapy, functional family therapy, and mentoring and respite services.
Not Yet a Member?
- Learn why it pays to join
- Request information today or contact our membership team at membership@TheNationalCouncil.org and (202) 748-8793.
* States in green on the map represent the presence of at least one 100% state association member of the National Council. 100% state association members are associations in which all of the members of the association are also members of the National Council.