When you join the National Council for Mental Wellbeing, you’re not just joining an influential community of nearly 3,100 health care leaders — you’re adding your voice to a rallying cry to increase access to comprehensive, high-quality care right now. And we can give you the tools to be heard.
As a member, you, your staff and your board members will have access to a comprehensive array of tools, resources, networks and content to boost your leadership, build your workforce, improve your service delivery and increase your community impact. Here’s a snapshot:
Connections to Experts
Get more out of your operations through our consulting and technical assistance sessions, leadership and organization trainings, and advocacy activities. As a member, you can:
- Invest in your leadership: Grow your leadership team through our Executive Leadership Program, Middle Management Academy and Practice Transformation Academy.
- Attend innovative trainings: Improve your environment and advance the wellness of your clients through our Case to Care Management and Whole Health Action Management trainings.
- Ask the experts: Drawing from a diverse breadth of knowledge and experience, the National Council Medical Director Institute can advise you on best clinical practices and policy.
- Transform your model: Learn how to become a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) through our CCBHC Success Center, a digital hub offering tools, tips and trainings.
- Increase mental health literacy: Invest in your staff through Mental Health First Aid, a skills-based training course, and become an Instructor at a discounted rate.
Elevate Your Advocacy
We are at the forefront of nationwide efforts to ensure that mental health and substance use treatment services remain strong and viable. As a member, you can:
- Be heard: With a commanding voice on Capitol Hill, we are advocating on your behalf at the federal level to support your organization, community and the people you serve.
- Boost your advocacy: Experience Hill Day, our annual event that teaches you how to maximize your voice and raise the volume on critical issues with legislators on Capitol Hill.
- Stay informed: Advocacy starts with education – we’re delivering breaking news, advocacy alerts, member surveys, data and weekly newsletters to keep you informed.
- Take action: With resources like our Advocacy Handbook and action alerts, we make it easier for you to contact your elected officials about priority legislation.
From our virtual learning programs to our peer-written publications and annual events, we’re giving you quality content all year long. As a member, you can:
- Enjoy big NatCon discounts: Hear from the best minds in health care, explore the latest tools and technology, and celebrate your peers at NatCon, the biggest event in our field.
- Boost your learning portfolio: Earn dozens of hard-to-find continuing education credits at NatCon and through e-learning courses offered through our partner, Relias.
- Learn online for free: Enjoy weekly webinars on topics that matter to you, as well as our virtual town halls, video series on National Council resources and podcasts.
- Discover new thought leadership: Discover new evidence-based resources and practices in our reports from the National Council Medical Director Institute.
- Read new research: Enjoy The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research for free and discounted subscriptions to Mental Health Weekly and Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly.
- Access partner resources: Get the tools, resources and support you need to elevate your role as a community leader through our robust Partner Program.
- Stay informed: Get practice news you can use through our social media channels, newsletters, blogs, emails, videos and annual publications.
- Amplify your brand: We offer creative and high-impact marketing, PR and social media tools you can personalize for your organization and use in your community.
Gain access to thousands of members nationwide who have shared interests and experience. As a member, you can:
- Network online: Connected with likeminded peers, pose questions, seek solutions and join or lead forward-looking discussions through Engage, our online member community.
- Make a bigger mark: Join other interested colleagues in examining new interventions for – and improving care within – select populations through our online Interest Groups.
- Share experiences: Network with thousands of colleagues at NatCon, hear from other members and presenters, and share your own stories in our webinars and publications.
- Raise your voice: Explore online forums that convene primary care, criminal justice, education, housing, military, wellness and other types of health and human service organizations.
Join an Interest Group
National Council Interest Groups
As an Interest Group member, you can attend webinars with renowned experts, build connections with peers, and access exclusive resources as well as to share your own.Read more
Want to learn more about the benefits available to you as a National Council member?
Download our flyer or contact us at: Membership@TheNationalCouncil.org