Top 5 Best Kept Secrets of Hill Day 2013
Are you new to Hill Day? Or are you an 8-time attendee? Either way, we bet you didn’t know these top 5 best-kept secrets about Hill Day 2013!
5. Hill Day offers unrivaled opportunities for networking with your colleagues. 2013 will be our biggest Hill Day event ever – with attendees ranging from CEOs to board members, peer counselors, consumers, and more! This year, our partnership with NAMI, Mental Health America, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, Association for Behavioral Health and Wellness, and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association will bring even more of your peers and colleagues to the table.
4. Hill Day is fun! As incoming National Council Board Chair Jeff Walters has said, it’s like a “giant national pep rally” for behavioral health. As if that’s not enough, you’ll be able to see DC’s sights and explore the nation’s capital during our beautiful fall season.
3. You’ll get the chance to connect with key Administration & Congressional staff. The sessions on September 16th will feature presentations by Obama Administration officials, Congressional committee staff, and other Washington insiders. Don’t miss this chance to get the inside scoop on what these key policymakers have in store for the coming year.
2. In-person visits from constituents have more influence on Congress than any other type of communication. A study by the Congressional Management Foundation found that visits from constituents were the #1 most influential type of communication – well above phone calls, form emails, and even visits from lobbyists. Leverage your influence by scheduling meetings with all your elected officials on September 17th.
1. Your efforts make a tangible difference. In 2012, Hill Day attendees helped win new supporters of behavioral health legislation, preserve Medicaid against a series of threats during deficit reduction negotiations, and promote public education about mental illness and addictions.
Don’t miss out on the behavioral health field’s biggest policy and advocacy event of the year – register for Hill Day today! Registration is free and open to all.