Speak Up for Mental Health Drug Access: Submit Your Comments Today!
Do you support preserving patients’ access to needed mental health drugs in Medicare Part D? If so, we have good news: the regulations are still in draft form – meaning that we can push CMS to reverse course, if enough citizens make their concerns known!
There are three simple things YOU can do today:
- Use our comment portal to share your concerns with CMS. Click this link to visit the Partnership for Part D Access comment portal. After entering your email address and contact information, you’ll see a pre-written sample comment with places for you to share your story about why medication access is so important. Feel free to modify the sample comment in any way you wish; then, just click “Submit.” CMS is obligated to read all comments and address them in its next rulemaking, so this is one of the best ways to make your voice heard!
- Ask your Rep to sign on to a letter in support of 6 protected classes. Click here to send a quick note to your Rep asking him or her to sign on to a letter being circulated in two key congressional committees. A strong showing of support from Congress will help keep the pressure on CMS to retract its proposal.
- Share our website on social media. Help us spread the word by sharing the Partnership’s website on social media. Here are some sample posts to get you going:
- Twitter: Medicare wants to cut #mentalhealth meds. Don’t let @CMSgov change #PartD protected classes- speak out! https://www.votervoice.net/NATIONALCOUNCIL/1/campaigns/34828/respond @PartDAccess
- Facebook: Medicare has proposed cutting patients’ access to drugs for the treatment of depression and other mental illnesses. This would be devastating to patients – and Medicare needs to hear about it. Submit a comment directly to them at https://www.votervoice.net/NATIONALCOUNCIL/1/campaigns/34828/respond
Thank you for helping protect vulnerable individuals’ access to lifesaving antidepressant and antipsychotic medications!