SAMHSA to Host Webinar on Financing Medication-Assisted Treatment
On Friday, May 16 from 1:00-2:30 p.m. eastern time, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) will host a webinar on “Medication-Assisted Treatment: Medicaid and Innovative Service Models To Finance Treatment.”
Medications can play an important role in treating alcohol and opioid dependence. For this reason, it is critical that Medicaid programs develop clinically sound and cost-effective delivery and financing approaches to provide these medications to individuals who need them. The objectives of this SAMHSA-sponsored webinar on medication-assisted treatment (MAT) are to help state and local policymakers and administrators understand:
- The treatment and cost-effectiveness of using medications to treat excessive alcohol consumption and opioid dependence
- Current state-by-state Medicaid coverage of MAT for excessive alcohol consumption and opioid dependence
- Innovative financing and delivery models for financing treatment through case studies from three states—Maryland, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
The presenters are:
- Tami Mark, Vice President of Behavioral Health and Quality Research at Truven Health Analytics
- Barbara Cimaglio, Deputy Commissioner of the Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs, Vermont Department of Health
- Hilary Jacobs, Acting Director of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Kathleen Rebbert-Franklin, Acting Director of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration, Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
For more details and to register free, click here.