National Council Magazine Highlights Successful Case Studies of Integration
The Affordable Care Act accelerated many state and local payment and delivery system reform initiatives, including efforts to improve physical and behavioral healthcare integration. The latest issue of National Council Magazine, The Many Faces of Integration, profiles ways providers are getting creative in their approaches to integrated care and population health. Features include:
- Building the Amazon Prime Experience in Healthcare by National Council President and CEO Linda Rosenberg describes how community behavioral health can help other health care providers make integrated health ubiquitous.
- In Integrated Care: Moving Toward Total Population Health, specialty editor Laura Galbreath explains how innovative integrated practices are taking population health approaches.
- The infographic What is Population Health? summarizes 10 steps organizations can take to implement population health management.
- Integration Road Trip profiles 10 communities with SAMHSA Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration grants.
- The insert The Game of ACOs graphically explores the steps a behavioral health care organization can take to get involved with accountable care organizations.
Additional articles offer perspectives from across the spectrum of health care providers and policymakers — including hospitals, health centers, behavioral health homes, city and state departments of public health, and home care services — and organizations who focus on serving veterans, older adults, incarcerated individuals, and underserved populations.