The Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act Needs Your Help: National Call-in Day
Today, the National Council is uniting with advocates and organizations across the country in support of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA). CARA is the most expansive bipartisan legislation to date for addiction treatment and recovery support services, and we need your help urging Congress to pass this important bill!
Calling your legislator takes less than 5 minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Click here to find the phone number for your Senator(s) and/or Representative. (Note that only legislators who sit on the committees with jurisdiction over CARA are included on the list – because we need their support to get CARA moving forward!
- Simply follow this script:
- Them: Senator/House Representative’s office, how can I help you?
- You: Hi, my name is [Your Name], and I’m a resident of [Your State for the Senate] or [Your State & District for the House of Representatives]. I support the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act of 2015. This bill is very important to improve recovery support services in the United States. I’m calling to ask [legislator’s name] to sign on as a cosponsor in favor of this bill.
- Them: Thank you for calling. Can I get your name again and your address?
- You: Yes. My name is . . . and my address is . . .
- Them: I will let the Senator/Representative know you called.
- You: Thank you for your time.
Thank you for all that you do to advance addiction treatment and recovery.