National Council Hosts CCBHC Webinar, Releases State Planning Grant Toolkit
As you may have heard recently, the implementation of the Excellence in Mental Health Act has begun and the clock is ticking for states to apply for planning grant funds by the August 5 deadline. In a continued effort to support states preparing to apply to become Certified Community Behavioral health Clinics (CCBHCs), the National Council, this week, hosted a CCBHC webinar and released its State Planning Grant Toolkit.
The State Planning Grant Toolkit is a one-stop-shop for those preparing to apply for planning grants and includes the resources needed for a successful application.
The toolkit includes:
- Expanded Summary of the Request for Applications, which is a detailed summary of the award amount, timeline, opportunity summary, budget considerations, data collection and performance measures.
- Proposal Outline and Application Guide, which includes a Project Narrative Outline designed to assure states are fully responsive to the RFA, and Planning Phase Budget and Support Documents section which compiles guidance from the RFA related to the budgets and attachments.
- State Planning Considerations, which outlines key questions and steps for states to undertake as part of developing a compelling grant application.
- Sample Grant Writing Work Plan for states to mark key milestones in the application development process.
- Engagement Suggestions for ways to utilize mental health and substance use treatment associations to support planning grant activities.
- Sample CCBHC 101 PowerPoint for internal and external stakeholder education and engagement. Access a PDF or PowerPoint version.
- CCBHC Certification Criteria Readiness Tool, which can be used on both an individual and a statewide basis to identify areas requiring training and technical assistance. Access as an E-Form or a PDF.
- Sample Score Sheet for self-assessment of your state grant application.
- SAMHSA’s Request for Applications, Part 1 and Part 2.
- SAMHSA’s Certification Criteria for CCBHCs
- CMS’s Prospective Payment System Guidance.
The National Council is ready to be a resource to you at any stage of the application process. Please don’t hesitate to contact Chuck Ingoglia, Nina Marshall or Rebecca Farley on our staff with questions about the Excellence Act, advice on how to craft your planning grant application, tips on assessing your organization’s readiness to participate, and much more.