Mental Health America Releases 2016 Voter Guide
Election Day 2016 is just over two months away and voters are beginning to weigh their options up and down the ballot. This week, Mental Health America released its 2016 “Vote with Mental Health in Mind” Voter Guide to assist voters as they prepare themselves for these important decisions. This non-partisan, informational voter guide is intended to “help advocates ensure that people with mental health and substance use conditions feel empowered and able to vote and that candidates at the federal, state and local levels are considering the concerns of the mental health community.”
The 2016 “Vote with Mental Health in Mind” Voter Guide includes:
- Voter registration information
- A “November Elections Action Checklist”
- Questions for Town Hall & Candidate Forums
- A “Letter to the Editor” & Talking Points guide
- Relevant websites & additional Resources
- A review of party platforms, and more.
For more information on National Council policy priorities, check out our website here.