Free Consultations from MTM: Access to Care, Cost Analysis and Data Management
The Care Transitions Network has partnered with MTM Services – the premier consulting group supporting behavioral health providers for over 20 years – to offer our network members the opportunity to engage with them in three of their most popular consulting services, free of charge. Your organization can receive 1:1 consultation and ongoing support for one or more of the services listed below. This is a time-limited opportunity, so contact Michael Hawkins or your practice coach to sign up.
The three areas a select group of Care Transitions Network members can choose from for this time-limited opportunity are:
- Same Day Access/Just in Time Prescribing: MTM will work individually with you to support establishments of Same Day Access and Just-in-Time Prescribing within their facilities over the course of 9-12 months. Same Day Access allows teams to offer assessments on the same day they are requested, without a scheduling delay or waitlist to reduce no shows and improve consumer satisfaction and engagement, while also eradicating no shows in the assessment process. Just-in-Time Prescribing allows teams to move consumers from diagnostic assessment to psychiatric evaluation within 3 to 5 days, greatly increasing engagement and reducing no shows and cancellations.
- Cost and Net Revenue Analysis: To understand what your services actually cost, MTM will work with you to generate true cost-versus-revenue comparison by position type and CPT/HCPCS code and provide tangible data regarding necessary changes to improve models of care. MTM’s work in costing consultation across the country gives providers access to national trend lines/comparison points to better understand how their costs match up.
- SPQM Quality Management: SPQM is a state-of-the-art analytical and management support tool that uses the data providers already collect, to provide analysis that will improve organizational practices and drive more efficient service delivery. MTM will work with you to align data sets and systems, and provide individualized monthly analysis reports and consultation on performance, utilization management, compliance and service cost issues for a 12-month time period.
Interested in securing one or more of these services? This is a first-come, first-serve opportunity with limited availability, so contact Michael Hawkins and we’ll get you started!
Free Training Opportunity: Approaches for Successful Person and Family Engagement During Discharge
Effective person and family engagement (PFE) is essential to improve patient outcomes and succeed in a value-based payment environment. PFE is especially important during patient discharge to ensure successful linkages to outpatient care. It requires clearly delineated staff roles and responsibilities as well as targeted strategies to motivate individuals to achieve their goals.
In partnership with the New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Inc. (NYAPRS), the Care Transitions Network is offering a free, two-hour training for inpatient providers to support implementation of effective PFE strategies.
Facilitated by NYAPRS Director of Training and Development Ruth Colon-Wagner, this training will help your unit enhance PFE by:
- Defining the critical components of successful engagement approaches
- Building critical skills to engage patients in their care
- Creating an Engagement Implementation Plan tailored to your unit’s needs and realities
- Providing follow-up technical assistance to support implementation
This training is designed for direct care staff of all disciplines, program-level supervisors and managers. It is recommended participants represent a variety of staff roles and levels to ensure buy-in and successful implementation across the unit.
Trainings will be scheduled with inpatient units . If you are part of an outpatient hospital practice and your inpatient unit isn’t enrolled already in the Care Transitions Network but could benefit from this opportunity, we would welcome their enrollment and engagement in the network.
To request a training, contact your designated Practice Coach or email CareTransitions@TheNationalCouncil.org.