FULL DAY PRECONFERENCE UNIVERSITY
Create Your Own Newsroom, Build Your Own Brand
Sunday, May 4 from 9 am to 5 pm
This preconference institute is offered as part of the National Council Conference marketing track brought to you by the National Council for Behavioral Health and Ragan Communications, the leading authority on healthcare communications.
Brand journalism, content marketing, thought leadership, social communities…these are more than marketing buzzwords. They’re proven strategies being used by Fortune 500 companies and successful healthcare organizations worldwide to raise their profile, offer value, and win new customers. This in-depth preconference workshop shows you how to build a strategic brand journalism plan and offers practical strategies to use tried-and-true methods of journalism to engage your audiences and boost your competitive advantage. Learn from a deep dive into case studies such as Advocate Health Care, which has seen results with the launch of its “health enews” site.
Veteran journalists and communications experts Mark Ragan and Jim Ylisela share the principles of brand journalism and show you how you can apply them to your organization. Leave this all-day session knowing how to:
• Make the business case for brand journalism to your leadership and board.
• Build a strategic brand journalism plan.
• Build a brand journalism website that offers compelling content and showcases your organization.
• Incorporate authentic, low-cost video in your content master plan.
• How to integrate Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and Pinterest into your content strategy.
• Set up and train your team in editorial processes and guidelines.
• Launch and market your site.
• Measure the success of your content strategy.
Mark Ragan, Publisher & CEO, Ragan Communications
Jim Ylisela, President & Co-owner, Duff Media Partners