Hill Day at a Glance
Thank you to the more than 700 advocates and 26 national partner organizations who joined us this year to make Hill Day 2019 such a resounding success! The largest Hill Day yet, attendees from 43 states and DC met with over 350 legislators on Capitol Hill, the impact of which is still rippling through the halls of Congress.
Again, thanks to all advocates for your efforts at Hill Day 2019. The National Council looks forward to seeing you back for Hill Day 2020 at the Hyatt Regency in Washington DC, June 23-24, 2020! In the meantime, subscribe to our policy updates newsletter, Capitol Connector, to stay engaged and prepared to take on the Hill next year.
Slides from Hill Day 19 are available by clicking the corresponding sessions below.
- Get Ready for Hill Day – WEBINAR: The National Council hosted its Get Ready for Hill Day 2019 webinar to prepare attendees to make the most of their time in Washington for Hill Day on September 17 – 18. We covered the ins and outs of navigating Capitol Hill, Hill Day in general, and the policy asks for this year. Advocates can access the slides here and recording here.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019: Public Policy Institute
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am – Welcome, Chuck Ingoglia, President and CEO of the National Council for Behavioral Health
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Nicolle Wallace, NBC Political Analyst
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Capitol Hill Update and Advocacy Discussion
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm – State Delegation Meet-up & Talking Points Review
- 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm – Lunch
- 1:15 pm – 3:45 pm – Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Effective Advocacy
- Building Your Advocacy Network Beyond Health Care
- Bring Hill Day Home: Best Practices for In-District Advocacy
- State of the Budget: Appropriations in FY2020
- CCBHC: An Update from Washington
- Realizing the Promise of Parity
- Emerging Issues: Behavioral Health & the Criminal Justice System
- What’s Next for Medicare Part D?
- 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm – Mass Violence in America: Causes, Impacts and Solutions
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Why We Advocate: Voices of Lived Experience
- 5:00 pm – Depart Hyatt for Capitol Hill
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Capitol Hill Reception, G50 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Wednesday, September 18, 2019: Capitol Hill Visits
- 7:45 am – 8:45 am – State Delegation Meet-up Breakfast
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am – Hill Day Send-off
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am – Depart Hyatt for Capitol Hill
- 9:30 am – Group Hill Day Photo on Capitol Hill steps
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Capitol Hill Visits
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Advocates Reception at the Hyatt Regency hosted by MHRRG & Negley Associates