Hill Day at a Glance
Slides from Hill Day 19 are available by clicking the corresponding sessions below.
Held in partnership with 26 national mental health and addictions organizations, Hill Day gathers hundreds of behavioral health providers, C-suite level executives, board members, consumers and community stakeholders in Washington, D.C. Hill Day begins with sessions and workshops on federal behavioral health policy. The following day, attendees take their message to Capitol Hill to advocate for better resources for mental health and addictions treatment in their communities. We look forward to seeing you in Washington, D.C., this September.
National Council Hill Day registration is free and open to all interested advocates. Attendees are responsible for booking and funding their own transportation and hotel accommodations. The event will take place at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill – book your room here.
- Get Ready for Hill Day – WEBINAR: The National Council hosted its Get Ready for Hill Day 2019 webinar to prepare attendees to make the most of their time in Washington for Hill Day on September 17 – 18. We covered the ins and outs of navigating Capitol Hill, Hill Day in general, and the policy asks for this year. Advocates can access the slides here and recording here.
Tuesday, September 17, 2019: Public Policy Institute
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am – Welcome, Chuck Ingoglia, President and CEO of the National Council for Behavioral Health
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am – Nicolle Wallace, NBC Political Analyst
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am – Capitol Hill Update and Advocacy Discussion
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm – State Delegation Meet-up & Talking Points Review
- 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm – Lunch
- 1:15 pm – 3:45 pm – Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Effective Advocacy
- Building Your Advocacy Network Beyond Health Care
- Bring Hill Day Home: Best Practices for In-District Advocacy
- State of the Budget: Appropriations in FY2020
- CCBHC: An Update from Washington
- Realizing the Promise of Parity
- Emerging Issues: Behavioral Health & the Criminal Justice System
- What’s Next for Medicare Part D?
- 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm – Mass Violence in America: Causes, Impacts and Solutions
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Why We Advocate: Voices of Lived Experience
- 5:00 pm – Depart Hyatt for Capitol Hill
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Capitol Hill Reception, G50 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Wednesday, September 18, 2019: Capitol Hill Visits
- 7:45 am – 8:45 am – State Delegation Meet-up Breakfast
- 8:45 am – 9:00 am – Hill Day Send-off
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am – Depart Hyatt for Capitol Hill
- 9:30 am – Group Hill Day Photo on Capitol Hill steps
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Capitol Hill Visits
- 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Advocates Reception at the Hyatt Regency hosted by MHRRG & Negley Associates