Trauma-informed, Resilience-oriented, Equity-focused Systems (TIROES) National Learning Community
The National Council for Mental Wellbeing is pleased to announce the 2023–2024 Trauma-informed, Resilience-oriented, Equity-focused Systems (TIROES) National Learning Community. Since 2011, the National Council has worked with mental health and substance use treatment, social service and community organizations and state and local agencies to implement trauma-informed, resilience-oriented change. This Learning Community will provide participating organizations, systems and communities with training, technical assistance and coaching to support your transformative change journey. This will enhance workforce resilience, safety and connection as well as address historical and contemporary inequities and disparities.
All applications are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on May 22, 2023, and must be completed and submitted through the online application platform. View an example application here.
Learning Community Objectives
The National Council’s experts will support you in developing and implementing a change approach to:
- Increase awareness of the impact of stress and trauma for all identities and people.
- Implement equitable emerging and best practices suited to your organization.
- Apply new understanding of trauma, resilience and equity toward the process of engagement strategies, including intake, screening and assessment processes.
- Develop a trauma-informed, resilient and equitable workforce.
- Build resilience in your workforce through prevention of and response to traumatic stress, compassion fatigue and moral injury that apply to all marginalized identities.
- Increase service recipient resilience, engagement and involvement.
- Create safe environments that avoid retraumatization and promote resilience.
- Collect, analyze and use data to better sustain quality improvement.
Benefits of Participation
- Knowledge and tools based in cultural humility that lead to an inclusive environment that supports equitable policy, procedures and practice.
- Consultation and technical assistance from a team of national experts, including 12 virtual learning sessions and five individual coaching calls.
- National listserv access at your fingertips with Learning Community alumni and members.
- A guide and resources to support implementation and organizational change.
- A thorough self-assessment of your program/organization to guide your action plan.
- Identification of outcomes that include performance indicators and tracking tools.
The National Council will select participants through a competitive application process. The cost to participate in the Learning Community is:
- $12,000 for National Council member organizations.
- $18,000 for nonmember organizations.
Criteria for Selection
In addition to completing the application and providing support materials, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to active participation of at least five hours monthly per team member.
- Ability to measure and record outcomes to create and implement action plans.
- Have access to web-based meeting services via Zoom.
The executive leadership of each organization must agree to answer questions regarding leadership buy-in, core implementation team recruitment and commitment to action. Activities required for participation will include:
- Development of a cross-agency core implementation team.
- TIROES pre- and post-Organizational Self-Assessment.
- Development and implementation of an action plan.
- Reporting out of action plan results.
- Participation in 12 virtual learning sessions and five individual team coaching calls.
National Council faculty will be assigned up to five organizational teams. National Council faculty to be included are:
- Mari Aceves, EdD, DSW
- Terence Fitzgerald, PhD, EdM, MSW
- Laura Leone, DSW, MSSW, LMSW
- Amelia Roeschlein, LMFT, DSW
- Julie Schillim, PhD, LLP, LPC
Important Deadlines and Events
|May 22, 2023 (11:59 p.m. ET)||Application deadline|
|June 1, 2023||Last day for selected sites to be notified|
|June 7, 2023||Payment due: $12,000 (National Council member organization) or $18,000 (non-member organization)|
|July 11, 2023||Pre-kickoff session for National Learning Community participants|
Technical Questions Regarding Application
If you have questions about the criteria or application process, please contact Jana LeBert at JanaL@TheNationalCouncil.org. If you are interested in receiving personalized TIROES consultation services, please contact the TIROES team.