Make your voice heard on Capitol Hill
600 behavioral health executives, administrators, board members, consumers, and community stakeholders came to Washington, D.C. for the National Council’s Hill Day, September 16 -17. Participants attended a full day of sessions on federal behavioral healthcare policy, followed by visits with their elected officials on Capitol Hill to advocate for better resources for mental health and addictions treatment.
Scroll down the page to view the webcast, fact sheets, and presentations from Hill Day.
Webcast on the future of U.S. health policy, with Susan Dentzer
The National Council for Behavioral Health livestreamed the Hill Day keynote address on September 16, which featured healthcare expert and analyst Susan Dentzer of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. This was the second in a series of National Council webcasts designed to keep you up to date on major federal policy trends and events
Hill Day Fact Sheets/”Asks”
Want to learn more about the Hill Day 2013 asks? Download the Hill Day fact sheets to learn more:
- EXCELLENCE IN MENTAL HEALTH ACT (S. 264/H.R. 1263)
- MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID ACT (S. 153/H.R. 274)
- THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH IT ACT (H.R. 2957)
- FY 2014 SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH APPROPRIATIONS
- MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS AND IMPROVEMENT ACT (S. 689)
Speaker Presentations and Handouts
- Future Directions of U.S. Health Policy – Susan Dentzer. Check back soon for these slides!
- A1. Mental Health First Aid in the States: a Toolkit for Action – Emily Jenkins, Lee Johnson, Rebecca Farley
- A3. Control the Conversation: Grassroots 101 – Laurie Markle
- A4. Realizing the Promise of Health IT for Behavioral Health – Mike Lardiere
- B1. CCBHCs: What Are They, and Why Should I Care? – Deborah Ekstrom, Rebecca Farley
- B2. The Final Countdown: 15 Days Until Open Enrollment – Jenny Sullivan
- B2. Tips for Talking with Your Patients – Jenny Sullivan
- B3. Advanced Messaging: Effective Communication in the Era of Budget Cuts – Catherine Finley
Questions about Hill Day? Contact Rebecca Farley, Director of Policy and Advocacy, at RebeccaF@thenationalcouncil.org or 202.684.7457, ext. 235.