Interest Groups: A New Destination for Knowledge-sharing
When it comes to helping communities thrive, knowing where to start can be difficult. That’s especially true when it comes to connecting individuals in historically underserved communities to care. We can help through our Interest Groups initiative, a National Council members-only benefit.
Our Interest Groups are digital communities that help you learn and grow alongside likeminded peers. As a participant, you can share your experiences with others, pose questions, raise your voice for important issues and stay informed regarding social trends. And that’s not all:
- Discover the latest best practices in prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Hear from the best minds in health care and the National Council’s own thought leaders.
- Troubleshoot your unique challenges with health care colleagues.
- Attend webinars and online discussions about current issues and social trends.
- Access original content, share files and download peer-provided resources.
By joining an Interest Group, you will get to examine – and help advance – new interventions for select populations; specifically, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+; older adults; individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD); and children, young adults and families.
What’s more, we just launched two new Interest Groups: Rural Health and Substance Use! Hear from peers who’ve “been there, done that” when it comes to service delivery in rural communities, as well as health care professionals who are advancing substance use treatment.
If you’re a National Council member, simply fill out our interest form and indicate which group(s) you’d like to join. Then, we will share relevant learning opportunities and new resources to help you get the most out of your learning journey. Have questions about our Interest Groups? Contact us!Tags: Interest Groups