Your National Council for Behavioral Health membership makes a difference. Every voice amplifies our advocacy on behalf of behavioral health and every perspective helps drive our community toward excellence.
We invest in your success. You earn back every dollar you pay toward membership many times over, as we help you survive and thrive in a dynamic, competitive healthcare environment marked by political and economic uncertainty. Our full spectrum of member benefits — unmatched by any other healthcare association — extends to all your organization’s staff and board members and gets you on the fast track to the future.
NATIONAL COUNCIL MEMBER BENEFITS
National Council membership starts with an exclusive strategic consultation by senior National Council leadership for your board members, executives, and key stakeholders. Our policy and practice experts help you prepare for the future by steering you through changing national and local landscapes.
The National Council is at the forefront of efforts to ensure that behavioral health services remain strong and viable. We use our considerable expertise and influence to make sure that legislation, policy, and regulations are aligned with the interests of those you serve. From informing year-round engagement with your elected officials, payers, and administrative agencies to rallying the entire field around key causes at our annual Hill Day in Washington DC, the National Council points the way toward effective grassroots advocacy.
Information and Learning
- Join the world’s leading thinkers and learn from healthcare’s most compelling success stories shared at the industry’s leading National Council for Behavioral Health Conference, with deeply discounted rates for members.
- Expose your full team to year-round learning opportunities through 50+ National Council webinars offering tools and resources on clinical, administrative, marketing, HIT, and other topics with live Q&A opportunities and free access to webinar recordings.
- Establish a strong compliance culture through a discounted member subscription to Behavioral Health Advisor.
- Discover clinical and business best practices, hear from the experts, and keep up with the latest research through exclusive member access to the Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research online, and discounted subscriptions to Mental Health Weekly and/or Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Weekly.
- Get breaking policy and practice news you can use through highly rated e-newsletters; the National Council website and blogs; and social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Connections and Networking
- Connect with your peers nationwide and find real-world solutions to operational, administrative, financing, clinical, and other questions through the National Council Member Listserve and virtual learning communities.
- Explore new partnerships through forums that convene primary care, healthcare specialty, criminal justice, education, housing, military, wellness, and many other types of health and human service organizations.
- Forge new connections and renew old acquaintances for a rich exchange of ideas and insights at annual events such as the National Council Conference and Hill Day.
- Broaden your horizons to learn from mental health and addictions treatment advances around the world through our international exchange programs.
Consulting and Technical Assistance
We provide a host of onsite and virtual individual and small-group consulting services. While consulting topics evolve continuously to focus on hot topics and trends, current areas of expertise span:
- Accountable care organization partnerships
- Concurrent documentation for clinicians
- Compliance and risk management
- Consumer retention/engagement in treatment — for adults and children
- Depression care
- Functional assessment and recovery measurement tools (DLA-20)
- Geriatric care integration
- Health information technology
- Healthcare integration and health homes
- Healthcare reform operationalization
- Improving services and supports for transition-age youth
- Outcomes measurement and dashboard reporting (SPQM)
- Productivity improvement
- Same-day access
- Schizophrenia care standards
- Trauma-informed care
- Workforce development
The National Council also provides an array of creative, high-impact marketing, PR, and social media tools that member organizations can personalize and use in their communities. Infographics, press release and op-ed templates, brochures, videos, and more are released in conjunction with current events and hot topics for exclusive member use.
Workforce Development and Training
- Raise your profile and give back to your community through Mental Health First Aid — the groundbreaking public education program that is capturing the hearts and minds of Americans everywhere. Instructor trainings are offered at steep discounts and on a priority basis for members.
- Enlist your C-suite executives in an industry-specific mentoring and learning experiences that are better than any MBA degree through our one-of-its-kind Executive Leadership Program.
- Shape your up-and-coming young stars into strong leaders who contribute to your organization’s bottom line through the popular National Council Middle Management Academy.
- Prepare your case managers and community health workers to provide enhanced value in an integrated health environment that imposes new demands and accountability with Case Management to Care Coordination and Community Health Worker trainings.
- Support peer-to-peer engagement to advance the wellness and recovery of your clients with Whole Health Action Management trainings.
- Earn continuing education credits while helping improve productivity and manage reporting for compliance through elearning courses and management systems offered through our partner, Relias.
- Take advantage of career development opportunities and nurture a qualified workforce through scholarships and field education opportunities for web-based MSW graduate students offered through our partner, the University of Southern California School of Social Work.
Recognition and Honors
- The annual National Council Awards of Excellence recognize the most innovative and inspirational work in behavioral health through organizational and individual awards in multiple categories — many of which are only open to National Council members. Winners are recognized with cash prizes, national publicity, and a special recognition ceremony.
- Use the National Council Member logo on all materials
- Members with a track record in implementing best practices are invited to share their success stories through conference presentations, webinars, and articles in the Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research.