- Feldesman, Tucker, Liefer, Fidell LLP
- David Swann, MTM Services
- Nina Marshall, National Council for Behavioral Health
NEED FOR COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS
The Affordable Care Act broadens the definition of fraud, increases financial penalties, and establishes new government audit programs. For the first time, compliance programs are mandatory conditions of enrollment in Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP. Additionally, 2013 and 2014 were transformative years for healthcare coding, with changes in CPT, DSM, and ICD codes. Are you prepared? If not, get help from National Council consultants.
CONSULTING SERVICES IN HEALTHCARE COMPLIANCE & CPT CODES
Our compliance experts outline emerging enforcement strategies and examine the impact on your organization, identifying areas of exposure and detailing the steps you must take to protect your organization and staff. They help you develop a robust corporate compliance program to reduce audit and investigatory risk while maintaining high clinical standards. Or they can troubleshoot and address areas of specific concern to you.
The National Council’s compliance consulting and technical assistance services offered in association with Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell, LLP span:
- Advice on the structure and operation of your compliance program.
- Help with preparing for audits and investigations.
- Resources to meet specific regulatory requirements.
- Workshops to inform and train staff on regulations.
- Help with establishing a staff compliance committee.
- Processes to document your compliance program.
- Assistance in obtaining legal services from qualified counsel.
- Experts to speak at your meetings and conferences.
Consulting can be delivered by phone, videoconference, webinar, or in person.
National Council compliance consultants also help you navigate the changes to Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), DSM-5, and ICD-10 codes. These changes have a significant impact on your clinical services, billing, contracts, workflow, and compliance protocols. Our experts can help you work through these changes with payers, patients, and staff.
To meet immediate needs, MTM Services is currently offering web-based and in-person training on ICD-10 implementation to help organizations prepare for October 1, 2014.