Strengthen the quality of your clinical care and prevent the unhealthy consequences of alcohol and drug use among your clients who may not reach the diagnostic level of an addiction and help those with an addiction enter and stay in treatment when you implement Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) services. At the same time, you’ll bolster your capability to address co-occurring disorders and position your organization for integrated care and new business opportunities.
Our consultants can help you refine clinical workflows, advise on data and using measurement to improve and promote your SBIRT services or support clinicians to hone their brief intervention skills.
Bring SBIRT Training to Your Organization
Organizations can choose between a full day onsite SBIRT training or three 1-hour monthly phone calls. Training can be tailored to meet organization/client needs. For more information, please contact us.
After completing SBIRT training, your staff will:
- Effectively use validated screening tools to determine alcohol and drug use risk levels.
- Practice brief interventions to increase engagement, elicit behavior change and reduce counterproductive discussions.
- Identify referral best practices that increase the likelihood of a person engaging in specialty care.
Participants will take a day-long, deep dive into the implementation of SBIRT and address:
- The use of evidence-based screening tools to determine alcohol and drug use risk levels
- The spirit of motivational interviewing and how stigma, perceptions and cultural contexts influence SBIRT
- How to define and demonstrate brief interventions using the Brief Negotiated Interview format to increase engagement, elicit behavior change and reduce counterproductive discussions
- Referral best practices that increase the likelihood of a person engaging in specialty addiction care