Understanding the 988 Lifeline LGBTQI+ Landscape
Join the National Council for Mental Wellbeing and Vibrant Emotional Health (Vibrant) on Sept. 21 at 1 p.m. ET for Understanding the 988 Lifeline LGBTQI+ Landscape.
Vibrant has been diligently working to increase accessibility of the 988 Lifeline for anyone in need of crisis care, including historically harmed and excluded populations at higher risk of suicide. One example of these new and continually expanding services is the LGBTQI+ subnetwork that recently launched nationwide. In this webinar, we will discuss the needs of the LGBTQI+ community in crisis care, utilization of the LGBTQI+ subnetwork since its pilot and launch, and the current direction and future of the subnetwork.
After attending the webinar, you will have a better understanding of:
- The current status of LGBTQI+ mental health in the U.S., including specific needs of the LGBTQI+ population and how the need for the subnetwork was identified.
- How the LGBTQI+ subnetwork was developed and how learnings from the LGBTQI+ subnetwork pilot have informed scale up efforts.
- Key considerations and the current status of the LGBTQI+ subnetwork, including how the subnetwork helps ensure the service is culturally competent.
- Lena Ballantine, Chief of Operations and Transformation, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Ashby Dodge, Senior Director of 988 Operations, Vibrant
- Nicole Lee, 988 Contract Manager, Vibrant