Hill Day 2019
Thank you to the more than 700 advocates and 26 national partner organizations who joined us this year to make Hill Day 2019 such a resounding success! The largest Hill Day yet, attendees from 43 states and DC met with over 350 legislators on Capitol Hill, the impact of which is still rippling through the halls of Congress.
Click here for a regularly updated list of new cosponsors on the 2019 Hill Day policy asks. Don’t see your legislator there? Follow-up with those you met with during Hill Day.
Again, thanks to all advocates for your efforts at Hill Day 2019. The National Council looks forward to seeing you back for Hill Day 2020 at the Hyatt Regency in Washington DC, June 23-24, 2020! In the meantime, subscribe to our policy updates newsletter, Capitol Connector, to stay engaged and prepared to take on the Hill next year.
HILL DAY 2019 FACT SHEETS & TALKING POINTS
The 2019 Hill Day fact sheets and talking points are available for download! Paper copies of these documents were in the folders attendees left behind with congressional staff.
HILL DAY 2019 PRESENTATIONS
- A Beginner’s Guide to Effective Advocacy
- Building Your Advocacy Network Beyond Health Care
- State of the Budget: Appropriations in FY2020
- CCBHC: An Update from Washington
- Emerging Issues: Behavioral Health & the Criminal Justice System
- What’s Next for Medicare Part D?
- Mass Violence in America: Causes, Impacts and Solutions
- GET READY FOR NATIONAL COUNCIL HILL DAY 2019: The National Council hosted its Get Ready for Hill Day 2019 webinar to prepare attendees to make the most of their time in Washington DC. We covered the ins and outs of navigating Capitol Hill, Hill Day in general, and the 2019 policy asks. For those who missed it or want to watch it again, you can access the slides here and recording here.