In a world where many behavioral health services have traditionally been supported through grants and state or local general funds, calculating costs is a new concept for many organizations. During the planning year, CCBHCs must collect accurate data about their current and expected costs in order to work with the state to establish their payment rate. Our team of consultants is on hand to walk you through the details and best practices of calculating costs.
RESOURCES FROM THE NATIONAL COUNCIL
- Webinar: Follow the Money: Investing in the Success of Your CCBHC with Cost Reporting. View the slides and recording from this July 30 webinar for an overview of cost reporting fundamentals.
- Compliance Hotspots for CCBHCs: Establishing a Base Year Rate: This article from the National Council’s Compliance Watch, written by attorney Susannah Vance Gopalan of Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell, explores considerations for setting a sound rate during the CCBHC planning year. Learn key considerations for calculating your allowable vs. un-allowable costs, allocating clinician salaries and overhead, and accurately capturing all encounters. For more on compliance and CCBHCs, subscribe to Compliance Watch.
- Webinar: Emerging Compliance Hotspots for CCBHCs Pt. 1: Establishing a Base Year Rate. View the slides and recording from this January 26 webinar.
- Emerging Compliance Hotspots for CCBHCs: Billing Medicaid, by attorney Susannah Vance Gopalan of Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell, explores new administrative requirements that will be imposed on Certified community behavioral health clinics (CCBHCs) as they move to a prospective payment system (PPS). Learn how these changes will affect you and your business. The article also provides an in-depth look at compliance issues that may stem from billing Medicaid for CCBHC services and services provided under managed care. For more on compliance and CCBHCs, subscribe to Compliance Watch.
RESOURCES FROM SAMHSA and CMS
- Cost Reporting Guidance: Visit the CMS website to view the guidance to states and CCBHCs on how they must report their costs.