CCBHC certification will require workflow changes, new staffing considerations, board buy-in, and much more.
Do you have a training plan in place for your staff? Does your staff have the required diverse disciplinary backgrounds? Is the C-suite ready for rapid change? The National Council has the resources to help you educate and reorganize your workforce as you prepare to become a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic. Follow the links below to learn more, and please check back to this page often for the latest updates and new resources.
- Educating and Engaging Boards
- Preparing the C-Suite
- Educating and Expanding Management and Supervision Capacity
- Redefining Job Functions and Other HR Considerations
- Staff Training Plan and Implementation
Resources from the National Council
Integrated CCBHC Certification Criteria Feasibility and Readiness Tool
Becoming a CCBHC: Where Do You Stand?
Follow the Money: Investing in the Success of Your CCBHC with Cost Reporting
- Excellence in Mental Health Act: An Introduction
- What is a CCBHC?
- CCBHC Implications and Opportunities
RESOURCES FROM SAMHSA & CMS
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has published a variety of tools to help states and providers prepare for CCBHC implementation. These include:
- State Certification Guide
- PPS Reference Guide
- Care Coordination Resources (including information on care transitions, working with a DCO, using telehealth, and more)
- Cultural Competence Resources
- Governance and Oversight Resources (including addressing governing board requirements, and more)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has established a webpage with additional resources related to cost reporting and prospective payment systems, including two sets of FAQs on CCBHC payment.
NEED MORE HELP?
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Mohini Venkatesh at MohiniV@TheNationalCouncil.org