CCBHCs don’t operate in isolation—they are part of communities, health systems and states, all with unique needs and considerations. What external factors will influence the implementation of CCBHCs in your state and their interactions with communities and health system partners? How can you prepare for and influence these factors? Follow the links below to learn more, and please check back to these pages often for the latest updates and new resources.
- Needs and Readiness Assessments
- State Policy Changes Necessary for CCBHCs
- Market Rebranding
- Communications with State Agencies, Associations, Payers and Providers
- Community Partnerships
- Managed Care Interface with PPS Payments
- Association Dynamics
- Negotiating DCO Contracts
Resources from the National Council
Integrated CCBHC Certification Criteria Feasibility and Readiness Tool
Becoming a CCBHC: Where Do You Stand?
Follow the Money: Investing in the Success of Your CCBHC with Cost Reporting
- Excellence in Mental Health Act: An Introduction
- What is a CCBHC?
- CCBHC Implications and Opportunities
RESOURCES FROM SAMHSA & CMS
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has published a variety of tools to help states and providers prepare for CCBHC implementation. These include:
- State Certification Guide
- PPS Reference Guide
- Care Coordination Resources (including information on care transitions, working with a DCO, using telehealth, and more)
- Cultural Competence Resources
- Governance and Oversight Resources (including addressing governing board requirements, and more)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has established a webpage with additional resources related to cost reporting and prospective payment systems, including two sets of FAQs on CCBHC payment.
NEED MORE HELP?
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Mohini Venkatesh at MohiniV@TheNationalCouncil.org