With changes this big, strong project management will be a crucial component of success. Successful organizations must be nimble, forward-thinking, and quick to adapt their processes based on the principles of continuous quality improvement. If this sounds daunting, you’re not alone. The National Council team has assembled an array of resources and consulting options to help you through a successful transition. We’ve also provided information for you on the structural changes—including information system updates and electronic health record needs—that will be required to meet CCBHC criteria. Follow the links below to learn more, and please check back to this page often for the latest updates and new resources.
- Ingraining a CQI Method to Advancing Implementation of Changes
- Capturing and Managing the Data, Including health IT Considerations
- Partnering with your CCBHC Staff Leads to Effectively Identify Solutions to Problems
- Sharing Lessons Learned from Other Agencies Transitioning to CCBHCs
- Gaining Access to Credit and Other Financial Considerations for the Transition
Resources from the National Council
Integrated CCBHC Certification Criteria Feasibility and Readiness Tool
Becoming a CCBHC: Where Do You Stand?
Follow the Money: Investing in the Success of Your CCBHC with Cost Reporting
- Excellence in Mental Health Act: An Introduction
- What is a CCBHC?
- CCBHC Implications and Opportunities
RESOURCES FROM SAMHSA & CMS
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has published a variety of tools to help states and providers prepare for CCBHC implementation. These include:
- State Certification Guide
- PPS Reference Guide
- Care Coordination Resources (including information on care transitions, working with a DCO, using telehealth, and more)
- Cultural Competence Resources
- Governance and Oversight Resources (including addressing governing board requirements, and more)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has established a webpage with additional resources related to cost reporting and prospective payment systems, including two sets of FAQs on CCBHC payment.
NEED MORE HELP?
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Mohini Venkatesh at MohiniV@TheNationalCouncil.org