The National Council for Behavioral Health’s policy initiatives combine the work of our own policy experts and analysts with organized grassroots and grasstops outreach experience to translate behavioral healthcare providers’ power into effective advocacy for federal addiction and mental health policy.
2017 will be a critical year for constituent and consumer advocacy in support of addictions and mental health priorities. With major changes proposed to the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid and behavioral health funding, NOW is the time to act to protect consumers’ access to care.
Learn More and Take Action
Browse our Policy Action Center to see the National Council’s policy priorities, find out about current trends and developments in behavioral health policy, and learn how to take action for strong behavioral health policies:
- Learn our latest Call to Action and ACT NOW!
- View our policy agenda
- Visit Capitol Connector, our public policy blog, or sign up for the weekly Capitol Connector e-newsletter
- Write Your Legislators and speak up for addictions and mental health
- Register for Hill Day, our annual public policy conference and lobby day
- Join the National Council Ambassador Network and develop meaningful relationships with your elected officials