2017 is a critical year for advocacy in support of addiction and mental health priorities. With major proposed changes to the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid and behavioral health funding, The National Council is reliant upon its members to act NOW to protect consumers’ access to care. Visit this page regularly to see our latest opportunities and get involved!
CALLS TO ACTION FOR ADVOCATES
Call to Action: Call your Members of Congress urging them to oppose the repeal of the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid Expansion, which would cost millions of Americans with mental health and addiction disorders access to coverage.
Instructions for Call-In Day:
Step 1: Call the Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121. The switchboard operator can direct you to your Representative and Senators’ offices.
Step 2: Dial back and ask for your remaining Representative and/or Senators. You should make three calls total (your Representative and both of your Senators).
“Please keep the ACA and Medicaid expansion. Millions of people with mental illness and addictions can’t afford to lose health coverage. I’m calling from [city, state, and zip] and my name is [first and last name].”
**Add more to your message by using our Medicaid Expansion talking points**
“Hello, I’m calling to ask that you keep Medicaid expansion. Protecting the ACA and Medicaid expansion is important to the mental health and addiction community because it provides access to treatment for many of the single adults in who would otherwise have NO health benefits and could not access recovery through treatment!
[Insert more about why Medicaid expansion is important to you. Consider using the Medicaid expansion talking points for additional ideas.] I’m calling from [city, state, and zip] and my name is [first and last name].”
Call-in Day: Tuesday, January 17
All link to email until Tuesday, January 17 when they will link to Act NOW page https://www.thenationalcouncil.org/policy-action/national-council-act-now/
- We’re joining national call-in efforts on Tues. to tell Congress to protect #Medicaid expansion.Join us
- Prepare for national call-in efforts with these tools from @nationalcouncil
- Today, pick up the phone & make the call. Tell Congress to protect #Medicaid expansion
- We’ve made the call to tell Congress to protect Medicaid expansion. Have you? Here’s how:
- On Tuesday, we’re joining advocates across the country to call our lawmakers and tell them we must protect Medicaid expansion. You can too – here’s how:
- Today is the day we’re joining thousands of advocates to tell Congress to protect Medicaid expansion. Make the call.
- We’ve made the call. Have you? Tell Congress to protect access to mental health and addictions services by preserving the Medicaid expansion. Here’s how:
FIND YOUR LEGISLATOR
Click here to look up your federal legislators via your zip code.