How Behavioral Health Organizations Can Meet the Increased Level of External Accountability Requirements
By David Lloyd
Includes CD-ROM with sample administrative, human resource, intake and medical records forms.
David Lloyd, public health’s best known and most successful management guru who specializes in strategies for behavioral health quality improvement and executive decision-making. His bestseller, How to Deliver Accountable Care, gives you the operational, management, and service delivery knowledge and tools you need to provide more consumer-centered, cost-effective, accessible and quality outcome-based services that meet internal and external accountability requirements. You’ll learn how to overcome barriers such as staff resistance, staff feeling lack of empowerment, established “fiefdoms”or “tribes” and vertical accountability sub-organizational culture.
The book provides system designs and implementation strategies to facilitate:
- Implementation of the data driven decision-making at the management team and direct care/line staff levels.
- Reduction of client no-shows.
- Reduction of paperwork and documentation.
- Implementation of appropriate clinical “best practice” standards to minimize over- utilization of services for current caseload members.
- Better tracking of billable hours
- Enhancement of public image to facilitate marketing surplus service capacity to alternative funding sources.