CCBHC Foundations Learning Community
This 6-month learning collaborative launching in February 2022 will bring together CCBHC-E grantees interested in understanding the foundational knowledge of all six areas of the CCBHC model criteria as well as sharing challenges, opportunities, and ideas through a peer-to-peer learning format.
Participants in this learning community will:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of CCBHC criteria elements and implications for clinic implementation and organizational changes
- Support clinics in implementation of targeted elements of the CCBHC model within their organizations
- Foster clinic action planning and decision making and in their practice transformation efforts
Registration: Registration for the learning community is now open! Please go here to sign up today.
Target audiences: The Foundations Learning Community is ideal for organizations that are looking for support in gaining a deeper understanding of the CCBHC model and its requirements as well as learn about strategies that support implementation.
Timeline: This learning community will operate from February-June 2022. We request that organizations signing up plan to participate in the full community.
Curriculum: Each work session will provide a brief review of the area, peer-to-peer discussion of the area, and assignment of relevant development tasks to be discussed in next meeting with a final presentation of completed tasks in final work session Core topics include staffing, access and availability, scope of services, care coordination and quality reporting.
Child & Family-focused Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Learning Community
The Child and Family-Focused Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Learning Community is a monthly peer learning opportunity designed to support increased access to and improved quality of CCBHCs in meeting the needs of youth and families. The learning community features national experts and CCBHC representatives from across the country and is focused on design and implementation approaches for CCBHCs.
The Learning Community is a part of the CCBHC-E National Training and Technical Assistance Center, established by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing (National Council), and funded by SAMHSA, to support the expansion of Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics across the U.S. The National Council has partnered with the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors and The Institute for Innovation and Implementation, in the UMB School of Social Work, to create the learning community as an important component of this technical assistance effort. Certificates of attendance are available.
Participants in the learning community will:
- Understand the value of children’s services and the framework and role of child-serving systems
- Identify design and implementation approaches CCBHCs can establish to meet the unique needs of children, youth and young adults with behavioral health needs and their families
Target audiences: This learning community is designed to support CCBHC-Expansion grantee program and clinical staff. Although content is primarily targeted for clinics, we also welcome participation from state and community partners.
Timeline: The learning community will operate from February-September. We request that organizations signing up plan to participate in the full community.
Curriculum: Topics to be covered during the learning community include child-serving systems and opportunities for partnering with youth and families; service array, including Mobile Response and Stabilization Services and care coordination; screening and assessment; quality and reporting; and staffing considerations and workforce development.
Cohort Calls & Registration
The CCBHC-E NTTAC hosts monthly cohort calls for various CCBHC-E roles. These monthly, hour-long meetings will serve as a regular space to support peer sharing, solution generation and cross-collaboration for staff at CCBHC-E grantees. Participants can attend as regularly as they like. Sign up today and share this opportunity with other members of your team!
- CCBHC-E executives meet the last Friday of each month from 12-1 p.m. ET. Register here.
- CCBHC-E program directors meet the first Wednesday of each month from 12-1 p.m. ET. Register here.
- CCBHC-E evaluators or CQI leads meet the first Tuesday of each month from 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET. Register here.
- CCBHC-E medical directors meet the first Monday of each month from 12-1:00 p.m. ET. Register here.