Bottom Line: Curbing our nation’s overdose epidemic requires removing unnecessary barriers to
medication-assisted treatment (MAT), standardizing prescriber education practices
and expanding access to care for our nation’s most vulnerable populations.
The Ask: Cosponsor and support the passage of the Mainstreaming Addiction Treatment
(MAT) Act (S. 445/H.R. 1384), the Medication Access and Training Expansion (MATE)
Act (S.2235/H.R. 2067) and the Medicaid Reentry Act (S. 285/H.R. 955).
- Explore our 2022 Access to Care survey findings
- Join our Substance Use Interest Group to learn more
- Training and Educating Public Safety to Prevent Overdose Among Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Communities: An Environmental Scan
- Supporting Telehealth and Technology-assisted Services for People Who Use Drugs: A Resource Guide
- COVID-19 Pandemic Impact on Harm Reduction Services: An Environmental Scan