Vision & Values
Despite overwhelming need, nearly 30 million people across the U.S. don’t have access to affordable, comprehensive mental health and substance use treatment. That’s where we come in.
We have been serving on the frontlines of mental health and substance use care since 1969, fighting to ensure all Americans receive the high-quality treatment they deserve.
That means ensuring equitable access to services, building capacity for care delivery, investing in the workforce, and promoting mental wellbeing as a core component of health and health care.
We are guided by our vision that mental wellbeing – including recovery from substance use – is a reality for everyone, everywhere. It’s who we are. It’s what we do.
Our Core Values
It’s not enough to just go through the motions. At the National Council, we live our values. They are the shared foundation of our culture, and they drive our every action.
- Have a Bias to Action – We discuss, plan and DO!
- Shape the Future – What we do as individuals positively affects our future.
- Be a Team Player – We know we’re greater together than we are alone.
- Be Curious – We seek out new ideas and challenges.
- Champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – All voices are heard. All beliefs are honored. We lead with empathy.