2020 Awards of Excellence Celebration
Each year, we host the National Council Awards of Excellence program, which recognizes those individuals and organizations who are increasing access to care, improving service delivery and inspiring hope. For 2020, we are honoring a diverse array of game-changers, innovators and thought leaders whose efforts today are building a better tomorrow. Our award categories include:
- National Council Innovation Award: In a complex health care landscape, mental health and addiction treatment organizations are thinking “outside of the box” for creative solutions to challenges. This award recognizes their innovation and achievements.
- Peer Specialist of the Year Award: Great things happen when passion meets purpose. This award recognizes an individual with lived experience who works in a health care organization and uses his or her strengths to help peers on their road to recovery from mental illness.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: This award is in recognition of an individual whose tireless efforts, far-reaching impact and commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable Americans living with mental illnesses and addictions is unmatched.
We are proud to recognize the following individuals and organizations who are advancing behavioral health care in their communities and beyond:
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Amy Anderson-Winchell
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Joe Masciandaro
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Karl Wilson
- Peer Specialist of the Year Award – Janet Paleo
- Peer Specialist of the Year Award – Jeff Avery
- National Council Innovation Award – Bernalillo County Department of Behavioral Health Services (Margarita Chavez)
- National Council Innovation Award – Northwestern Mental Health Center (Shauna Reitmeier)