Health Equity Workshop Series Part 2: Practical Steps for Application
Amelia Roeschlein, DSW, MA, LMFT National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Aaron Williams, MA National Council for Mental Wellbeing
Practical steps for making change within your organization often starts with looking at policies and procedures. To create a more resilient and diverse workforce, looking at human resources processes and training are an effective way to start the change process. Another is looking at evidenced-based practices and cultural adaptations depending on the communities upon which you serve.
In this webinar we will:
- Understand the impact implicit bias has on hiring interview and appraisal processes.
- Describe what an Equitable hiring and performance process is.
- Explain the importance of cultural humility training on building a resilient workforce.
- Describe how to culturally adapt EBPs.
- Explain the process of choosing the right EBP for your population/ or adapting it.
Don’t forget to register for Part 1: Understanding the Landscape of Mental Health and Substance Use Challenges!
The Social Justice Leadership Academy