A new framework for guiding the integration of physical health and behavioral health services. Learn how integration can help organizations address workforce issues by refining processes and enhancing the capacity of providers.
Put workforce solutions into action.
These key resources provide valuable insights and recommendations for sustainable approaches to address workforce challenges, including recruitment, retention and burnout.
Want to learn what organizations are doing to improve recruitment, retention and staff wellness? Visit our blog for innovative workforce strategies, thought leadership and success stories from the field.
Resources from the Field
Recruitment and Retention
- Building Blocks for Behavioral Health Recruitment and Retention – Advocates for Human Potential, Inc.
- Addressing Burnout in the Behavioral Health Workforce Through Organizational Strategies – SAMHSA
- A Call for National Strategy to Address the Youth Behavioral Health Workforce – The Commonwealth Fund
- Recruiting and Retaining Behavioral Health Workers in Rural America: A Toolkit for Action – University of Michigan Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center
- The Behavioral Health Workforce in Rural America: Developing a National Recruitment Strategy – University of Michigan, Center for Health and Research Transformation
Addressing Equity and Enhancing Care for BIPOC Communities
- Addressing Disparities in Access and Utilization of Mental Health and Substance Use Services among Blacks and African Americans – White paper that assists the public in better understanding the health disparities that exist in the access, engagement, utilization and outcomes for Black/African Americans seeking specialty mental health and substance use treatment services.
- State Strategies to Increase Diversity in the Behavioral Health Workforce (National Academy for State Health Policy) – Report outlining strategies to increase engagement of BIPOC across the workforce.
- How to Increase Diversity in the Health Care Workforce Now (UCSF Healthforce Center) – Blog post offering recommendations for enhancing workforce diversity.
- Recruiting and Supporting a Diverse Workforce (National Library of Medicine) – Workshop findings on educating professionals to address the social determinants of health, focusing on factors that are critical for recruiting, supporting, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce.