FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 1, 2019) – The National Council for Mental Wellbeing is pleased to announce the results of its recent Board election.
The National Council welcomes the newly elected directors:
- Heather Jefferis, Oregon Council for Behavioral Health: Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA)
- Doyle Forrestal, Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council: Chair of the Association Executives Committee
The following directors were re-elected by the membership for a second term:
- Linda McKinnon, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network: Region 4 (AL, NC, SC, FL, GA, KY, MS, TN)
- Mark Ishaug, Thresholds: Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)
- Pat Coleman, Behavioral Health Response: Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NB)
- Vitka Eisen, HealthRIGHT360: Region 9 (CA, Guam, HI, NV)
The following Board officers will serve for the next two years:
- Jeff Richardson, Sheppard Pratt Health System: Chair
- Tim Swinfard, Compass Health: First Vice Chair
- Victor Armstrong, Atrium Health: Second Vice Chair
- Susie Huhn, Casa de los Niños: Secretary-Treasurer
The Board is composed of elected volunteers from the staff and community boards of National Council member organizations. They are elected by National Council member organizations representing 10 regions covering the entire U.S. The Board of Directors represents the membership and is committed to diversity, leadership and promoting excellence in mental health and addictions treatment.
Board Chair Jeff Richardson, vice president and chief operating officer of Sheppard Pratt Health System, said, “The National Council is at the frontlines of behavioral health, driving the conversations surrounding life-changing mental health and addiction services and advocating on behalf of their more than 3,000 members. I am delighted to work with our talented and dedicated Board members as we continue to address our nation’s health care issues and work toward improving the lives of others.”
We are grateful to the following individuals for their service, departing the National Council Board are:
- Vicker (Vic) DiGravio, III, Association for Behavioral Healthcare (Massachusetts): Former President and Chief Executive Officer
- Brent McGinty, Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare (Missouri): President and Chief Executive Officer
- David Johnson, Navos (Burien, WA): Chief Executive Officer, Ed.D. and Licensed Mental Health Counselor
“We are grateful for the service of our three outgoing Board members who have been instrumental in the incredible growth of the National Council as a force in changing the direction of behavioral health in this nation and securing its role as an integral participant in the health care system,” said Chuck Ingoglia, president and CEO of the National Council. “Their contributions can be measured, not only in political and social gains, but in the lives of millions of Americans who are living fuller and more productive lives because of increased access to needed health care services.”
The newly elected Board members assume their duties on July 1, 2019.
About The National Council
Founded in 1969, the National Council for Mental Wellbeing is a membership organization that drives policy and social change on behalf of over 3,100 mental health and substance use treatment organizations and the more than 10 million children, adults and families they serve. We advocate for policies to ensure equitable access to high-quality services. We build the capacity of mental health and substance use treatment organizations. And we promote greater understanding of mental wellbeing as a core component of comprehensive health and health care. Through our Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) program, we have trained more than 2.6 million people in the U.S. to identify, understand and respond to signs and symptoms of mental health and substance use challenges.