2017 is a critical year to advocate in support of addiction and mental health priorities. With major proposed changes to Medicaid and behavioral health funding, the National Council is reliant upon its members to unite to protect behavioral health care. Visit this page regularly to see our latest opportunities and Unite4BH!
Listen to the radio ads running now in MAINE, OHIO, and WEST VIRGINIA.
National Council Medicaid Fact Sheets
Learn more about the importance of Medicaid for opioid treatment and the potential impact the elimination of it would have with these fact sheets.
State Fact Sheets on Medicaid and Mental Health/Addiction Services
Download our Advocacy Handbook
- Groups line up to oppose GOP Obamacare bill as deadline looms, CNBC
- Senate GOP tries one last time to repeal Obamacare,
- Another Senate ACA bill up for yet another vote, Behavioral Healthcare Executive
- Unite4BH Advocacy Webinars, as part of our ongoing biweekly advocacy webinar series. View the webinar recordings.
Medicaid Expansion Resources
- National Council for Behavioral Health’s Statement on Graham-Cassidy Bill
- National Council for Behavioral Health’s Statement on Revised Senate Health Bill
- Dr. Joe Parks’ Testimony at President’s Commission on Combating Drug Addiction and the Opioid Crisis
Health & Economic Benefits
- Mortality and Access to Care among Adults after State Medicaid Expansions, The New England Journal of Medicine
- Economic Impacts of Medicaid Expansion, Urban Studies Institute at the University of Louisville
- Benefits of Medicaid Expansion for Behavioral Health, ASPE Office of Disability, Aging and Long-Term Care Policy, USHHS
- What is the Result of States Not Expanding Medicaid?, Urban Institute
- Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision as of January 1, 2017, Kaiser Family Foundation
- A 50-State Look at Medicaid Expansion, Families USA