The Role of CCBHCs in Strengthening Crisis Care
Join the National Council for Mental Wellbeing on Thursday, June 8, from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. ET for The Role of CCBHC’s in Strengthening Crisis Care, part of our Crisis Response Services Learning Series, sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
This webinar will provide an overview of 988 implementation at the state level and the current crisis system landscape with a focus CCBHCs’ role in strengthening crisis care. The session includes an overview of CCBHCs and highlights of data from the 2022 CCBHC Impact Report regarding crisis services and opportunities. The discussion will include insights from a CCBHC member who has successfully partnered with their state on crisis services initiatives.
After attending the webinar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand recent updates on 988 implementation across the states and state approaches to improving the crisis system landscape.
- Understand the role of CCBHCs in strengthening crisis care utilizing recent data from the National Council’s 2022 CCBHC Impact Report.
- Explain the various state approaches to 988 implementation and identify specific examples of how CCBHCs can strengthen crisis care systems and services for individuals and populations served, including those with severe mental illness (SMI) and other mental health and substance use challenges.
- Rebecca Farley-David, MPH, Senior Advisor, Public Policy and Special Initiatives, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Keisha Pitts, JD, Director, State Policy and Advocacy, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- Andrea Richardson, MS, CEO, Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
Don’t miss the other sessions in this series:
- Part 1: CCBHCs and Crisis Response Services for Children, Youth and Families
- Part 3: Mapping the Crisis System of Care: Alternatives to Emergency Departments
- Part 4: 988 Year One: Milestones and Next Steps