Implementing the SAMHSA/NASMHPD 988 Convening Playbooks
988 – the new, nationwide three-digit number for crisis response and mental health crisis care – is going live on July 16. Are you ready?
In early 2022, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), in co-sponsorship with the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD), worked with partners across critical sectors to develop 988 Implementation Guidance Playbooks. These playbooks are designed to help programs and providers prepare for and implement 988-related services.
Join us on Wednesday, July 6, 1-2:30 p.m. ET for an in-depth overview of the playbooks. We’ll share strategies for implementation, case studies and other resources and outline SAMHSA’s five-year plan for the continued implementation and enhancement of 988 and other services across the crisis continuum.
- Understand the overarching vision of 988 as a resource for everyone and identify how 988 is different from other systems.
- Outline SAMSHA’s five-year plan for 988 and the Crisis Continuum. Identify SAMHSA’s success criteria for its five-year plan.
- Identify examples of programs that have successfully implemented workforce and financing solutions related to 988 and the crisis continuum.
- Have a better understanding of the bi-directional impacts of states and providers and how they can work together to help solve each other’s challenges.
- Chuck Ingolia, MSW, President and CEO, National Council for Mental Wellbeing
- John Palmieri, M.D., MHA, Senior Medical Advisor, SAMHSA; Acting Director, 988 and Behavioral Health Crisis Coordinating Office
- Brian Hepburn, M.D., Executive Director, NASMHPD