The CCBHC Success Center is the one-stop shop for current and prospective CCBHCs, with support available from the National Council and our network of partners.
Peer to Peer Learning
The CCBHC Mentorship Program pairs newly established CCBHCs with experienced CCBHCs to support them during the early stages of meeting CCBHCs criteria and navigating transformational organizational change. In addition, all participants are connected to a community of peer CCBHCs where they can seek guidance and insights. Learn more about the program.
Education on the CCBHC Model
Get a free 30-minute session orient your team to the CCBHC model, hear lessons learned from CCBHCs and understand key factors organizations should consider in determining whether to pursue CCBHC status. Request a free consultation.
The National Council CCBHC consulting team is available for an extensive educational session and discussion with your executive team and/or board of directors. Our deep-dive includes a thorough explanation of the full CCBHC criteria, detailed discussion of financial opportunities and considerations associated with each CCBHC funding mechanism, an exploration of policy factors contributing to sustainability options in your state and an overview of alternate options (such as partnering with a CCBHC). Request in-depth education.
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), hospitals, schools, criminal justice systems and other partners stand to benefit from working with a CCBHC. What should prospective partners expect, and what best practices have emerged from other states and clinics? Our team can provide one or more training sessions customized to your audience. Request custom training.
Meeting the CCBHC Criteria
- Just getting started on your CCBHC journey? The National Council and our partners are here to help. Contact us to get started with a free consultation.
- CCBHC Readiness Assessment: MTM Services will work with your clinic to conduct a comprehensive assessment of your readiness to meet CCBHC criteria, develop a strategic action plan to address gaps and prioritize implementation efforts. Learn more and request support.
- Filling gaps in your scope of services: Does your clinic have gaps in the comprehensive scope of services required to be a CCBHC? Our consultants can help you implement and launch CCBHC-required services such as integrated health, addiction treatment (including medication-assisted treatment) and peer services as well as adopting care coordination and team-based care approaches. Contact us to get started with a free consultation.
- Taking your primary-behavioral health integration to the next level: The Center of Excellence for Integrated Health Solutions provides free evidence-based resources, tools and support for organizations working to integrate primary and behavioral health care.
- Best practices in peer support: CCBHCs must meet a number of requirements for incorporating peers into service delivery. Some key strategies for successfully integrating peer delivered and CCBHC services can be found in our joint report with NYAPRS. Whether you’re hiring peer support specialists or partnering with a peer-run support organization, make sure you’re setting yourself up for success with the National Council’s Peer Services Organizational Self-assessment, then contact us for a free consultation to discuss your results and identify action items.
- Meeting organizational governance requirements: Do you have a plan for meaningfully incorporating the voices of people with lived experience into your governing board? Contact us for consultation on how to meet this CCBHC requirement.
- Ask the Experts: CCBHC Ask the Expert events facilitate the exchange of knowledge between CCBHCs and other experts through sharing of past experiences, lessons learned and open discussion. Check out upcoming Ask the Expert events.
- Implementing evidence-based practices: Our expert consultants can support you in identifying needed service or training enhancements and provide training on a variety of evidence-based practices such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT), motivational interviewing, trauma-informed care, SBIRT and more. Contact us to develop a customized training package.
- Meeting CCBHC staff training requirements: Relias offers a number of courses to help clinics meet staff training requirements such as suicide risk assessment and prevention, cultural competency, and more. Visit the Relias site to view a crosswalk of courses with CCBHC requirements and learn more.
- GAP Analysis: Can your CCBHC meet or exceed the program’s timeliness of access requirements? The first step to successfully improving access is to understand the current reality of your agency’s systems so that you can address any concerns that exist. Learn more and request support from MTM Services.
- Same-day Access: MTM Services helps providers implement Same Day Access, the gold standard for clinics working to meet CCBHC timely access requirements. Learn how to provide new clients with an assessment, the same day they walk in.
- Just In Time Prescriber Scheduling: MTM Services helps CCBHCs further reduce wait times for access by moving a consumer from diagnostic assessment to psychiatric evaluation within three-to-five days, increase engagement and reduce no shows/cancellations. Learn more and request support.
- CCBHC Partnerships Toolkits: The CCBHC model requires strong relationships with other providers and social service agencies in the community, through Designated Collaborating Organization (DCO) and care coordination relationships. Learn more about these relationships and how to establish them through our comprehensive contracting and community partnerships toolkits:
- CCBHC Contracting and Partnerships Toolkit – Demonstration Participant Edition. This version is intended for CCBHCs participating in the Medicaid Demonstration Program.
- CCBHC Contracting and Partnerships Toolkit – CCBHC Expansion Grantee Edition. This version is intended for CCBHCs receiving SAMHSA CCBHC expansion grant funding.
- Looking for additional support in drafting contacts and agreements? Our partners at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell can help. Request support.
- Best Practices: CCBHCs are using telehealth to fill staffing gaps, expand service hours, and reach consumers in rural and frontier areas. Learn how one CCBHC used telehealth to obtain a remote medical director, then view this tip sheet from innovaTel on best practices for clinicians initiating telehealth for the first time. Relias and innovaTel hosted a recent webinar providing a deeper dive into best practices in telehealth.
- Learn more about how CCBHCs are leveraging telehealth to expand access to care from innovaTel.
- Looking for More Providers? innovaTel Telepsychiatry has qualified psychiatrists, PMHNPs & LCSWs with experience working with SMI and co-occurring patient populations. They also have options for Remote Medical Directors starting as low as 4 hours per week.These are providers that your team would interview and choose, and they work with your patients as part of your team. Learn more.
Data Management, Reporting and Clinical Decision-Making
The CCBHC Data Collaborative will support CCBHCs in collecting and analyzing data to support clinical and operational improvement while using data to tell the story of CCBHC success. Stay tuned for information about the launch of the collaborative, coming soon.
- SPQM Quality Data Management: SPQM is a state-of-the-art web-based analytical and management tool that measures the effectiveness of management and clinical practices. MTM Services can help your clinic turn service encounter data into actionable information to make more objective clinical care decisions, manage operations, develop continuous improvement strategies, demonstrate outcomes and track CCBHC quality measures. Request support.
Using population-level data helps identify broad trends and prompts thinking around how your practice can improve patient experience and health outcomes and reduce costs. Our expert consultants can support you in identifying and implementing approaches to risk stratification and population health management. Contact us for help.
- IT and EHR Assessment: Are your IT and electronic health records (EHR) systems ready to help you meet CCBHC requirements? This assessment and consulting from MTM Services will help determine your organization’s place on the technology spectrum, identify areas of concern and develop solutions for areas of risk. Learn more and request support.
Finances and Sustainability
- PPS Overview: CCBHCs in demonstration states benefit from a PPS – a Medicaid payment methodology that allows providers to be reimbursed based on the anticipated costs of offering CCBHC services. Learn more about PPS.
- Advanced PPS Support: Looking for support in developing your PPS rate, implementing financial monitoring protocols in a prospective payment environment or understanding the compliance implications of the CCBHC PPS? Contact us for help.
- Join the CCBHC Data Collaborative: The National Council’s upcoming Data Collaborative will help clinics leverage data to plan for sustainability. Stay tuned for more details, coming soon.
- Building your Value Proposition: Having a clear understanding and ability to articulate the value that you bring as a CCBHC is essential to positioning your organization for sustainable funding. Check out our Value Proposition Guide to support developing and marketing your value proposition.
- Value-based Administrative Readiness Assessment Tool (VBART): MTM Services offers a self-assessment tool and consulting designed to support the core values” needed to successfully participate in a value-based alternative payment model. Learn more and request support.
- Build Support in Your State: Sustainability outside of grant funding requires understanding the alternate payment environment and opportunities for transition. Connect with one of our experts to receive consultation on sustainability planning and how you can work with policymakers, managed care or other stakeholders/advocates to expand and sustain the CCBHC model in your state.
Clearly articulating for the value you bring as a CCBHC is essential to positioning yourself for long-term sustainability – whether that is through policy advocacy or exploration of value-based arrangements with managed care organizations and other payers. The National Council has provided a template press release and fact sheet and for CCBHCs. Other communication materials and support can be provided; contact us to request support.
- Cost Finding: Understanding total costs for your organization’s current and anticipated CCBHC activities is just as critical for CCBHC Expansion Grantees as it is for CCBHCs transitioning to a prospective payment model. MTM Services can help your organizations compile and assess reliable cost data to plan financially to participate in the CCBHC program. Learn more and request support.